Monday, December 3, 2007

Filth....

i wrote these lines amidst a thought
a thought of joy which made me cry
why it made me write these lines
was it joy ... was it tears

a few hours back i went to walk..
amidst the clamour of the wheels..
off i went to a dirty land..
to see some filth pure n straight..

why i went its not easy to tell..
may be to laugh may be to weep..
but sure i felt filth crawling by
benith my feet inside my soul..

i touched its scaly rugged skin..
i smelled its slimy dirty breath..
it tried to flash a pale dead smile..
off came out a million worms..

a beam of joy came flashing by..
and filled my soul with contention..
look at this filth and its rotten state..
and look at me with my fragrent skin.

then i saw a pair of eyes..
it was indeed filled with tears
and more than tears i saw a shine..
a shine so rare..a shine so pure..

it talked about an unbound love..
it sang so sweet of lovely dreams..
it was the eyes of my filthy thing.
the dirty thing ..the despised one..

i tried to do a nice quick search..
i searched my soul for those two things..
i searched for the shine of love..
i searched for the shine of dreams..

i couldint find a single one..
to match the shine of my filthy thing..
then i sat and wrote these lines..
thinking of the filth in me...

1 comment:

Sashu... said...

poerful write, yet has a vulnerable feel to it.. loved de last lines especially... penning words tinkin f de filth in oneself.. keep penning! neat job!!!