Monday, September 8, 2008

Fall

Up I went one fine day

From a salty swelling sea

Weightless I was n filed with rapture

As I was a free lone cloud


Soon I got a naughty friend

Who filled my mind with tales of freedom

She pushed me up till the edge of sky

And nudged my soul to gaze at stars


Transfixed I gazed with bated breath

And thought about things they knew

Alone they stood amidst the dark

Pregnant and full with truths and blaze


Soon I had to look around

For my naughty playful friend

She was gone as she was the wind

And her kind don’t stay on an on


I had a glimpse of a world

Filled with grandeur, truths, and blaze

But with out wind propping me up

I had to make my journey back


Slowly I fell deep in thought

With my knowledge weighing me down

The vision of freedom was proving too heavy

For this lonely little cloud


Coalesce I did to one big blob

As I made my sorry trip

Sea was there to take me back

And make me one with her bulk


Crashed I did to that salty tomb

With the thoughts of stars and their truths

Now I swim amidst the fish

Hoping to gaze as I once did

3 comments:

Sashu... said...

so full of feeling...saltiness and sweetness, ever so gracefully put into words! nice!!

SK said...

many thanks friend...your comments are always special!!!

AppuApe said...

Phenomenon personified (Pun for the author and the work)

Brilliantly put!
I assume nature inspires many!